The Windham Southeast Supervisory Union (WSESU) Business Office works closely with the Superintendent of Schools, school district principals, board members and various other stakeholders, including the Vermont Agency of Education, on the budget development process. A comprehensive educational program and staffing planning process is undertaken to plan for and implement programs within the Supervisory Union and the two school districts which include the Windham Southeast School District (WSESD) and Vernon Town School District. The WSESD district includes schools located in Brattleboro, Dummerston, Guilford, and Putney. We work to keep the school system focused on our students and staff in a fiscally responsible way. We are very conscious of how we fund our programs and how those investments are allocated to direct instructional programs, student support services and administrative costs.
The WSESU business office staff are highly trained and capable people who are dedicated to supporting the public education system in our communities and to help ensure that we achieve the WSESU Mission: To provide a safe, inclusive and supportive environment where all students grow academically, socially, and emotionally, and are challenged to reach their potential as local and global community members.
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Fiscal Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Fiscal CPA & Regulatory Agency Audits
- Business Technology
- Cash Management & Banking Relations
- Debt Service & Capital Fund Management
- Educational Facilities Planning & Operations
- School Construction Management
- Plant Security
- Educational Resources Management,
- General Management including directives from the Vermont Agency of Education, State Board of Education and Legislature,
- Legal Control
- School Insurance and Risk Management
- Payroll Management
- Personnel Management
- Collective Bargaining Negotiations, Purchasing,
- Grants Management
- School Activity and Student Body Funds
- Endowment Funds
- School Food Services
- School Transportation Services
- School Community Relations.