Universal Pre-k Partnerships
Register for participation in the WSESU Publicly Funded Pre-K / Universal Pre-K program by filling out this google form. Enrollment in the WSESU PFPK/UPK program does not automatically enroll a student with a private pre-kindergarten provider. That must be arranged separately by the family.
About Universal Pre-K
Windham Southeast School District/Supervisory Union partners with qualified early education programs throughout the community to offer Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) education to three, four and five-year olds not yet eligible for kindergarten. In the 2022-23 school year, we had partnership agreements with 15 preschools that meet Vermont’s Universal Pre-K requirements.
To participate in a partnership with WSESU, preschools have a teacher licensed and endorsed in early childhood education or early childhood special education, have 4 or 5 STARS, align their curriculum with Vermont Early Learning Standards, and agree to do ongoing assessment of children’s learning and development using Teaching Strategies GOLD.
Children who attend a qualified WSESU Pre-kindergarten Partnership Program are considered students of WSESU and receive a tuition reduction in an amount that is adjusted annually for ten hours per week of preschool. For the 2023-24 school year, that amount is $3,764. Families assume responsibility for tuition in excess of ten hours per week.
Families must complete the 2023-24 PreK Registration Form in order to participate in WSESU’s Publicly-unded Pre-K (PFPK) program and receive the Act 166 public pre-k tuition reduction. Registration for the WSESU PFPK program does NOT automatically register you with a pre-K provider. Families must contact providers separately to enroll their children.
Pending ongoing approval from the Agencies of Education and Human Services, the preschools listed below partner with WSESU towns to provide public pre-kindergarten education. Parents or guardians must contact the program directly to inquire about enrolling their child. For the 2023-24 school year, a child must be 3 by 9/1/2023.
- Brattleboro Centre for Children, 193 Main St. Brattleboro, 254-0300
- Early Education Services Head Start, 254-3742
- Hilltop Montessori School; 99 Stafford Farm Hill Rd., Brattleboro; 802-257-0500
- Horizon Early Learning; 16 Bradley Ave., Brattleboro; 257-1757
- Mighty Oak Preschool; 107 Carriage Hill Rd., Brattleboro; 802-254-3868
- Miss Martha’s Creative Early Learning Program; 29 South St., Brattleboro; 802-490-4883
- Mulberry Bush Early Learning Program; Anna Marsh Lane, Brattleboro; (802) 490-2065
- The Neighborhood Schoolhouse; 231 Western Avenue, Brattleboro; 802-661-8718
Owl’s Nest Preschool; 2543 Ames Hill Rd., Marlboro; 802-258-7837
- The Garland School; 60 Croker Hall, Austine Drive, Brattleboro, VT; 802-258-9531
- The Grammar School; 69 Hickory Ridge Rd, Putney; (802) 387-5364
- Timson Hill Preschool; 13 Timson Hill Rd., Williamsville, VT; 802-348-6319
- Vernon Preschool; 567 Governor Hunt Rd., Vernon; 802-257-0292
- West Bee Nursery School; 880 Western Ave., Suite 2, Brattleboro; 802-257-7155
- Winston Prouty Early Learning Center; 209 Austine Drive, Thomas Hall, Brattleboro; 802-257-7852