In the WSESU, Information Technology is being used to increase student learning, assist in the management of data, and enhance communication within the school system, the community, and the world. The following are ongoing efforts in support of this component of our educational system:
- All students and staff within the WSESU schools, grade levels and subject areas have access to a full range of current technology, software tools, and applications.
- Students pursue educational and career goals through learning activities enhanced and enriched by information technologies.
- Through ongoing, comprehensive professional development, all teachers acquire the knowledge and skills to integrate technology into a challenging and interdisciplinary curriculum that addresses students’ specific needs, developmental levels and learning styles.
- Teachers use technology to support learning across the curriculum.
- Administrative functions, including those performed by instructional staff, are fully automated, thereby allowing more of the school system’s energy and resources to be focused on creating and sustaining an educational climate in which learning can flourish.
- Schools are catalysts for promoting the use of appropriate technology throughout our communities.
WSESU has a Technology Committee which provides strong leadership in bringing the tools of information technology into the classroom. At present, the District has brought fiber-optic based high speed internet to all District schools via the Vermont FiberConnect project. The committee has written a developmentally based technology curriculum for the WSESU. It maintains an updated inventory of equipment in the district, and addresses staff development needs. The Committee promotes the use of Google Apps for Education for sharing information between colleagues and students.